Why Community Awards? Your team works hard to prepare for your Envirothon Current Issue presentation. You deserve recognition for this work! And if your Current Issue research results in a service or action project that benefits your community, Mass Envirothon wants to recognize this, as well.
The Mass Envirothon Community Awards provide important recognition for your team, plus visibility for your school and your community. A letter of congratulations is sent to your principal, with copies to your coach, your superintendent, your state legislators, your community partners, local media, and the Secretary of Energy & Environmental Affairs. This is a big deal!
EnviroTrek stories from Community Awards teams may also be posted on the Mass Envirothon web site.
These awards can be earned by any team that meets the requirements. They are optional and noncompetitive. Teams who work to qualify for the awards tell us that they have a better Envirothon experience overall.
To receive a Community Award your team must:
• Complete the Community Award Signatures form • Complete the form for each award you are earning
• Submit the completed form(s) and materials so that they arrive no later than the Friday before the Envirothon (Friday, May 7, 2020).
• Participate in a Community Award interview during a free period in your schedule at the May Envirothon competition on May 14.
To submit Community Award materials you may:
o Send by mail to Will Snyder, UMass Extension, 203 Agricultural Engineering Building, University of Massachusetts, 250 Natural Resources Road, Amherst MA 01003-9295 or
o Scan and email to email@example.com or
o Fax (mark clearly: TO Will Snyder and number of pages) to 413/545-6555. To ensure receipt, call 413/545-3876 and leave a message that the fax has been sent.
- Community Award Information for 2020
- Community Award SIGNATURES form for 2020
- Community RESEARCH Award checklist for 2020
- Community ACTION Award project certification for 2020
- Community ACTION Award 2020 Media Challenge
For more information, contact:
Will Snyder, UMass Extension, 413/545-3876 or firstname.lastname@example.org